This website is a comprehensive resource of African wildlife and nature photography. These photos were taken from different countries including South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Kenya and Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda and a few other conservation areas in the Southern African region.
Africa provides photographers with a wide diversity of flora and fauna in a range of natural environments, ranging from the dry plains of Serengeti National Park, Masai Mara national park, Etosha National Park, the wetlands of the Okavango Delta, to the birdlife of East Africa.
Enjoy wildlife photos like you have never seen before! Africa Wildlife Photography shows you the most amazing African wildlife photos. From great animal photos to interesting flora and landscape photos, we share with you some of the best shots taken from the African continent. See great shots of animals including mountain gorillas, tree climbing lions, rhinos, leopards, elephants, buffaloes and other amazing animals.
Looking for a high-quality, exclusive wildlife photo safari?
We act as agents for a small group of hand-picked safari operators offering photography-oriented wildlife and eco-tours. The select group of safari operators we have chosen to work with show excellent attention to detail and they generally offer small-group and often private wildlife tours. They have guides sensitive to the needs of nature and wildlife photographers.
How does our process work?
When you approach us with an e-mail or phone call and tell us your requirements, we put you in direct contact with the wildlife photo safari operator we believe will best suite your specific wishes. You pay the same amount for a safari whether you approach us, or whether you approach the operator directly. The only advantage of approaching us is that we choose from several different hand-picked operators to try and match you with someone who will provide you with the experience of a lifetime, tailored to your specific needs. After an initial e-mail or two, we will simply put you in direct contact with the ground operator. You will then have to judge for yourself whether they are doing your inquiry justice. 90% of the time you will find that the service received from whoever we put you in contact with is in a league apart from your average tour company – because we work with people we like.
What will you pay for a safari with one of our operators?
We use wildlife photo safari operators often specializing in private trips, so unfortunately prices are usually high. You will rarely be quoted anything less than US$7000 per person sharing for a 2-week tour – and please note that 5-star accommodation often means a higher price. (Please do discuss vehicle and accommodation details directly with the operator to avoid any misunderstandings).
Where do we run safaris?
We are based in South Africa and know our continent very well. Many of our operators specialize in southern Africa – especially South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia and Madagascar. But we also work with people in many other parts of the world such as Uganda, Ethiopia, Ghana, Thailand, Bhutan, Papua New Guinea, Canada, the USA, South America, Europe, etc.
What kind of safaris do our operators run?
We love bird and mammal photography, but fantastic scenery can also be high on our agenda. Anything to do with the natural world!
We thank different organizations and individuals whose photographs have been shared on this website. These include;
- African Jungle Adventures – a Ugandan based tour operator providing carefully crafted safaris in the East African Region.
- Go Gorilla Trekking – specialists in organizing gorilla trekking safaris in Uganda, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Gorilla Trek Rwanda – Specializing in organizing gorilla safaris in Rwanda.
- Rwanda Gorilla Safaris – a Rwandan based tour operator offering gorilla safaris to the Volcanoes National Park.
- 11 Things to Do in Uganda
- Exploring Bwindi Forest: Mountain Gorillas, Chimpanzees & the Batwa
- Exploring Nyungwe Primates Forest
- 5 Best Reasons Why You Should Visit Uganda
- Visiting the Mountain Gorillas in Africa
- Wildlife Photography Safaris in Uganda
- Essential Guidelines for Gorilla Photography
- Underwater Photography Tips
- Photography on Night Safaris in Africa
- Photographing the African Landscape – Africa Through the Lens